Home, home on the range!
I've been gone a week and I came back to an RV being moved into the yard beside me and neighbors out the back yard. Oh and 5 new lbs. Of course.
Reading my bible this morning and came across this verse...
Genesis 50:20
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done the saving of many lives.
It reminds me of the whole football scandal and how incredibly painful that was. Knowing Hubs was not at fault but in charge so therefore found at fault. I really felt those in power intended him harm. And I held onto this verse. Since then so many times people have commented on the way he handled it with grace. I try to remember all the times I couldn't understand why God could let this happen to such a godly man, take him out of the position to touch so many lives and then let the program be run into the ground. But after reading this verse again today I think it's not my place to know the details. It is what it is and we did all we could to make the outcome different. We were not at fault. God makes the outcome work to his advantage and I am at peace with that.
Time to get back on track, start making those pounds melt away. I can't delay any further because I will have nothing to wear to work!
Getting my plan for when school starts together....
Focus on meal planning. Post breakfast choices, lunch choices and plan ahead for dinners we can fix over and over and then try something new each week.
Porch projects: go through a magazine a day.
I sure have become a oenophile- a lover of wine. We didn't even eat alot of sweets over the vacation but we drank lots of wine and fruity drinks, made delicious dinners and lounged around to our hearts desire.
A few observations...
Do not waste your time talking to people who are not listening to you.
Do not waste your efforts on people who do not appreciate your gestures.
No one likes to be bossed around, told what to do or how to do whatever it is you are doing better or differently.
It does not matter if a person deserves to hear what you have to say. If you hurt their feelings you are going to feel like crap.
Don't tell everything you know. Mysteries are a good thing.
And a few memories...
It is not ok to ask the sales clerk for a piece of paper and proceed to copy down a recipe from one of their books.
It is not ok to try to make contact with drivers of other vehicles.
We spent an evening making letters with our bodies in the pool and then proceeded to play an alphabet game that had us naming sweet treats for every letter of the alphabet. Caleb, a six year old, thought we were having so much fun he wanted to join us. Then he told us we needed more water in our sippy cups. Yes Caleb, yes we do.
When Weezey came out with just her coverup and no cookie monster shorts on Marg asked, "Weez where are your shorts?" "I'm too fat." Cue hysterical fit of laughter.
Boys came home from fishing all day together and ask if we can play scrabble together. Absolutely.
I've been gone a week and I came back to an RV being moved into the yard beside me and neighbors out the back yard. Oh and 5 new lbs. Of course.
Reading my bible this morning and came across this verse...
Genesis 50:20
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done the saving of many lives.
It reminds me of the whole football scandal and how incredibly painful that was. Knowing Hubs was not at fault but in charge so therefore found at fault. I really felt those in power intended him harm. And I held onto this verse. Since then so many times people have commented on the way he handled it with grace. I try to remember all the times I couldn't understand why God could let this happen to such a godly man, take him out of the position to touch so many lives and then let the program be run into the ground. But after reading this verse again today I think it's not my place to know the details. It is what it is and we did all we could to make the outcome different. We were not at fault. God makes the outcome work to his advantage and I am at peace with that.
Time to get back on track, start making those pounds melt away. I can't delay any further because I will have nothing to wear to work!
Getting my plan for when school starts together....
Focus on meal planning. Post breakfast choices, lunch choices and plan ahead for dinners we can fix over and over and then try something new each week.
Porch projects: go through a magazine a day.
I sure have become a oenophile- a lover of wine. We didn't even eat alot of sweets over the vacation but we drank lots of wine and fruity drinks, made delicious dinners and lounged around to our hearts desire.
A few observations...
Do not waste your time talking to people who are not listening to you.
Do not waste your efforts on people who do not appreciate your gestures.
No one likes to be bossed around, told what to do or how to do whatever it is you are doing better or differently.
It does not matter if a person deserves to hear what you have to say. If you hurt their feelings you are going to feel like crap.
Don't tell everything you know. Mysteries are a good thing.
And a few memories...
It is not ok to ask the sales clerk for a piece of paper and proceed to copy down a recipe from one of their books.
It is not ok to try to make contact with drivers of other vehicles.
We spent an evening making letters with our bodies in the pool and then proceeded to play an alphabet game that had us naming sweet treats for every letter of the alphabet. Caleb, a six year old, thought we were having so much fun he wanted to join us. Then he told us we needed more water in our sippy cups. Yes Caleb, yes we do.
When Weezey came out with just her coverup and no cookie monster shorts on Marg asked, "Weez where are your shorts?" "I'm too fat." Cue hysterical fit of laughter.
Boys came home from fishing all day together and ask if we can play scrabble together. Absolutely.
No comments:
Post a Comment