Sunday, August 4, 2013

love taps

I'm finally at the beach and the boys are at the state tournament this morning.

We left on Friday morning at 5:50am and headed to the Biltmore Estate to tour the building and grounds. For lunch I visited The Bean Trees Cafe in Tennessee for the second time. Last time I think we were on our way back from Myrtle Beach. The food is ok, the atmosphere is gorgeous and hippyish with the Big Pigeon river flowing behind it. We sat out on the back porch and heard the rushing water.

The Biltmore was interesting and intriguing. I really loved the gardens, especially the sangria at the end in the conservatory.

At the end of a very long day traveling the 6 hours to the Biltmore we checked into our hotel only to have barely gotten our showers before the smoke alarms went off. We took forever to 1- figure out what that noise was, 2- decide if we wanted to leave, 3- decide what to take with us. Pitiful. We are not to be rushed!

Facebook posts...

Sooo glad I got n the shower at the hotel 1st bc some drunk set off the fire alarm... Gonna b awhile! 

So y'all made fun of my scavenger hunt when I pulled it out at the start of the trip but you sure did perk up when we crossed off fire truck, ambulance, flashing red light, and police car all in about 15 minutes last night! 

The scavenger hunt paper I printed off before leaving had provided lots of laughs.

Saturday we stopped in Spartenburg at Mon Amie Morning Cafe, a French style cafe, where they served my Cafe Au Lait in a tall mug with an Eiffel Tower on it. Lovely.
I also had the monte cristo and frites, amazingly delicious.
Last night we ate at It's Greek to Me, Margy's choice. Food was good, moscato was delicious!

I'm not sleeping well on this trip going to bed late and waking up early. No troubles I guess is not exhausting. After a nice morning on the porch Marg and I headed down to the hot tub and pool early to check out the digs and relax and then off to the grocery after a short planning meeting. Nice to go grocery shopping by myself and choose a few goodies I don't normally get... a mango gelato, glazed crullers, chips and dip. Then back to grab lunch and head to the beach.
facebook post...



No comments: