Just back from an Elevation church ladies brunch at Plain Folk Cafe in Pleasant Plain. I've been wanting to go there since they opened and it was so so cool. I mean cool in the I can't believe this place is 15 minutes from my house cool. As soon as I pulled in I spotted this...
and I knew I was home. I ordered the french toast and a cuppa grog. Yes they serve grog. The ladies were delightful. Getting to know someone is so much easier in a small setting. There was L something, Linda, Lauren, Laura, Dolly, Mary, and Donna. I've got to work on names!!! We had some ice breaker activities and generally just small talked but not too surfacey. It was quite nice. Interesting to get everyone's perspective on work and life balance.
Lots of talk lately about people trying to stay positive. Look on the bright side. I'm working on that. It seems my pinterest quotes board is full of positive, bright statements.
Back during the olympics I heard a NPR segment on badminton. The reporter made a big deal about pronouncing it right. He said he said badmitton when he showed up and the badminton community said it was like pronouncing februrary correctly. How do you pronounce Februrary? I don't want to go around saying badmitton and Feburary like people say libary instead of library. Geesh. The pressure.
Viscosity-The state of being thick, sticky, and semifluid in consistency, due to internal friction.
and I knew I was home. I ordered the french toast and a cuppa grog. Yes they serve grog. The ladies were delightful. Getting to know someone is so much easier in a small setting. There was L something, Linda, Lauren, Laura, Dolly, Mary, and Donna. I've got to work on names!!! We had some ice breaker activities and generally just small talked but not too surfacey. It was quite nice. Interesting to get everyone's perspective on work and life balance.
Lots of talk lately about people trying to stay positive. Look on the bright side. I'm working on that. It seems my pinterest quotes board is full of positive, bright statements.
Back during the olympics I heard a NPR segment on badminton. The reporter made a big deal about pronouncing it right. He said he said badmitton when he showed up and the badminton community said it was like pronouncing februrary correctly. How do you pronounce Februrary? I don't want to go around saying badmitton and Feburary like people say libary instead of library. Geesh. The pressure.
Viscosity-The state of being thick, sticky, and semifluid in consistency, due to internal friction.
There is nothing that pleases me like seeing Bubs reading. Especially catching him in the car or on the couch.
This summer after reading the Fifty Shades trilogy I created a youtube playlist 'Gray'. I added Chopin e minor suffocation today. As soon as I started reading the trilogy I noticed lots of song name dropping and started a list.
I also started watching Inspector Lewis on PBS after going into Sherlock Holmes withdraw. I really like both of these shows.
Also spent a day watching Hallmark movies awhile back. Two good shows
Also spent a day watching Hallmark movies awhile back. Two good shows
A taste of romance
How to fall in love.
I don't think I've written about the difference between Garden City and Hilton Head.
Two games from the past I've been remembering lately. I had to ask my mom the name of Annie Over.
Red rover
Annie over
No comments:
Post a Comment