Sunday, October 16, 2011

Untalked about

Stopped by Half Priced books and traded in 3 boxes of donated books for a few library copies. Scarred an employee for life I think. Can't share but you should giggle.

Attended an event last night that will remain untalked about but happy halloween...
Before
 After

Travelled to Columbus for my annual conference and once again the girl who usually goes with me couldn't go so I went alone and stayed alone, and shopped alone. Good times really.
Adore, a new favorite Columbus store from the past few years closed. Tried to find Dim Sum and realized it is more of the way of eating a meal than an orderable item. 
Met Sarah Darer Littman, author of Want to Go Private a YA novel and felt that, "Yeah this chick know's what's going on."
Then met Alex Flinn, author of Breathing Underwater and thought, "Gee I should write something." Then she said she wrote like 10,000 pages before anyone would publish her. I am not a patient person. 

Reading The Elegant Witch by Robert Neill, a vintage "fiery novel of witchcraft and adventure" circa 1952 that I have used for decoration in the past because of its cover but decided to read this year.

Follow me on Shelfari for more indepth reviews. DaShannon L.

Also caught up on Pinterest and facebook while cleaning off my desk. Again.



No comments: