Books by the Banks was amazing today. The authors' room has doubled I'm sure. Listened to a panel about modernizing classics. Two Austenites said something like...
We consider Jane our friend ya know? It's not like fans of Charles Dicken's fans refer to him as Charles but when we get together we talk about Jane. We ARE on a first name basis.
Dennis Lahane talk today at Books by the Banks was sooo good. Lahane spoke to the fact that lots of people like to say they are writers but in reality if you call yourself a writer, well, you better just sit down and write, write, write. True. AND he wrote Shutter Island OVERNIGHT. Then tweaked it for a few months but literally overnight wrote the bones of the story out in a dream like state.
Judy Collins was FUNNY. and she sang to us. Wow. Really now I will be getting her new book on audio because she said she reads and sings it. Awesome. She also sang the song on You've got Mail, It's clouds illusions I recall..." She wore leggings a short blazer and spike boots. Oh and sunglasses when she entered the room. DIVA but she should be a diva because her talk, singing, rambling was awesome.
We consider Jane our friend ya know? It's not like fans of Charles Dicken's fans refer to him as Charles but when we get together we talk about Jane. We ARE on a first name basis.
Dennis Lahane talk today at Books by the Banks was sooo good. Lahane spoke to the fact that lots of people like to say they are writers but in reality if you call yourself a writer, well, you better just sit down and write, write, write. True. AND he wrote Shutter Island OVERNIGHT. Then tweaked it for a few months but literally overnight wrote the bones of the story out in a dream like state.
Judy Collins was FUNNY. and she sang to us. Wow. Really now I will be getting her new book on audio because she said she reads and sings it. Awesome. She also sang the song on You've got Mail, It's clouds illusions I recall..." She wore leggings a short blazer and spike boots. Oh and sunglasses when she entered the room. DIVA but she should be a diva because her talk, singing, rambling was awesome.
Forgot to mention this guy from Books by the Banks today. This book is a work of genius. He was really funny sitting with the 3 'real authors' in the panel. He even said it has been unbelievable and no he will not be doing something like this again. He felt like he became Captain Ahab with the obsession of finishing the project.
We then went to eat at Dusmesh Indian Restaurant. What a great introduction to Indian food. I had Chicken Tandoori, paneer pakora, and mango lassi. I sampled friends' chicken curry and bhartha. Oh my. I will be returning. OH if only for the nan garlic bread.
The Factory Flea was still going on in Northside so we headed over there where I found finger knit garland? This appears to be the garland Anthropologie used last holiday season so I've been obsessing over it ever since.
A final stop by Anthropologie and then home james. . . where I talked hub's ear off about my wonderful day and then jumped over to the mac to get it all down for you. Whoever you may be :)
Etsy love via books, paper, scissors... Pomber

No comments:
Post a Comment