Thursday, September 24, 2015

Friends and WW

The message you send is that you don't have time for our chit chat, which is fine, but that tells us you aren't friends with us. Remember that. If you are so busy, so important that you aren't listening to our thoughts and concerns do not expect us to listen to yours.

I've been doing weight watchers for almost a month and I've been steadily losing. Here's what I've learned....
1- I used to think the whole point system was stupid. I didn't want to learn something so complicated when I understand calories. But then I joined and added the app and I don't need to 'learn' anything I just track and add and, whalah, it's working. I've always used the excuse I know what I'm supposed to be eating and not eating I just, to quote my dr, 'celebrate too much'. True but for some reason it just clicked this time. I've resolved to not enter one more new year having made no progress.
2- I love that I can eat/drink anything I want... in moderation. I've done Atkins and South Beach and whatever else came along and they all work but I hate saying no to a donut. It hurts Holtman's feelings when I turn my head. The beauty of WW is I can have a bite as long as I track it and don't continuously step out of the box (or into it as it may be).
3- I've never gone hungry. I knew this from others diets- we just eat way too much- but it's surprising to me how little I eat and my stomach isn't growling.



No comments: