So I was thinking this morning about friends and how careful I am to watch Bub pick his friends and attentive to their qualities and I realize I don't do the same with my own.
Yesterday was spent with three friends. Two who offered to help me with a crafting project and have devoted countless hours on my project. One who I love dearly and am concerned about her health and well being. Last night and this morning I was thinking of the qualities of all my friends and how they measure up (or don't) to what I expect of Bub's friends.
Are they nice? to you? to other people? to your family and friends?
Will they keep your secrets?
Will they make you feel safe and then use what they learn against you?
Are they the same with you as they are once you both get around other people?
Will they talk you into doing things that aren't in your best interest?
Will they help you become a better person?
Is it an equal relationship? Do you like them and give to them as well as receive from them?
Is it a friendship of convenience? You live close by, go to school or work together but would never be friends if not?
Are they so needy its exhausting? or are you?
Do they have self destructive behaviors?
Do you share common interests?
Do you have anything to talk about other than other people you both know?
Do they try to make you feel stupid or inferior?
Do you feel like you try to act better than them or smarter than them?
I have many good friends. Friends who to varying degrees are good and not so good for me.
This past spring five of us traveled to Hocking Hills to celebrate two of them retiring. We ate, lounged, played Apples to Apples, cooked together, drank together, hiked together and just did life together. And it was soothing and refreshing and I left thinking I could tell these ladies anything and they would support me and be there for me and love on me. Now that my friend is friendship plain and simple.
At the start of the summer a few friends and I went to a book reading in Columbus and again, strolling the streets, eating in a cafe, browsing a book store, I felt at home with people who get me.
I've had such a lovely summer filled with porch time reading, face booking, pinteresting, relaxing with a beverage and sleeping, studio time crafting and sorting my paperwork. My house is in order but my basement and garage and not up to speed.
I've made it to the City Flea twice, hung out at Yo and Kathy's pool which might I say is some of the best relaxing I've done, watched my garden grow, watched for deer in the bak field.
I have thoroughly enjoyed all my puppy time just hanging out or taking them swimming.
My stand up paddle board has been wonderful and I hope to use it more soon.
Yesterday after quilting and swimming M and I stayed around to watch the storm roll in on K's back porch. It was so surreal and lovely! I didn't take any pictures, just sat and had a glass of wine and wondered in His marvelous beauty.
I've made several batches of the energy balls this summer and twice people exclaimed wow these are really good. I admit it. I'm a compliment addict. They make all the work worth it.
today's Facebook posted with the videos of course
Yesterday was spent with three friends. Two who offered to help me with a crafting project and have devoted countless hours on my project. One who I love dearly and am concerned about her health and well being. Last night and this morning I was thinking of the qualities of all my friends and how they measure up (or don't) to what I expect of Bub's friends.
Are they nice? to you? to other people? to your family and friends?
Will they keep your secrets?
Will they make you feel safe and then use what they learn against you?
Are they the same with you as they are once you both get around other people?
Will they talk you into doing things that aren't in your best interest?
Will they help you become a better person?
Is it an equal relationship? Do you like them and give to them as well as receive from them?
Is it a friendship of convenience? You live close by, go to school or work together but would never be friends if not?
Are they so needy its exhausting? or are you?
Do they have self destructive behaviors?
Do you share common interests?
Do you have anything to talk about other than other people you both know?
Do they try to make you feel stupid or inferior?
Do you feel like you try to act better than them or smarter than them?
I have many good friends. Friends who to varying degrees are good and not so good for me.
This past spring five of us traveled to Hocking Hills to celebrate two of them retiring. We ate, lounged, played Apples to Apples, cooked together, drank together, hiked together and just did life together. And it was soothing and refreshing and I left thinking I could tell these ladies anything and they would support me and be there for me and love on me. Now that my friend is friendship plain and simple.
At the start of the summer a few friends and I went to a book reading in Columbus and again, strolling the streets, eating in a cafe, browsing a book store, I felt at home with people who get me.
I've had such a lovely summer filled with porch time reading, face booking, pinteresting, relaxing with a beverage and sleeping, studio time crafting and sorting my paperwork. My house is in order but my basement and garage and not up to speed.
I've made it to the City Flea twice, hung out at Yo and Kathy's pool which might I say is some of the best relaxing I've done, watched my garden grow, watched for deer in the bak field.
I have thoroughly enjoyed all my puppy time just hanging out or taking them swimming.
My stand up paddle board has been wonderful and I hope to use it more soon.
Yesterday after quilting and swimming M and I stayed around to watch the storm roll in on K's back porch. It was so surreal and lovely! I didn't take any pictures, just sat and had a glass of wine and wondered in His marvelous beauty.
I've made several batches of the energy balls this summer and twice people exclaimed wow these are really good. I admit it. I'm a compliment addict. They make all the work worth it.
today's Facebook posted with the videos of course
1 comment:
This is one of the best blog posts I have ever read! Hugs through the Internet! Hope you are having a relaxing time at the beach. See you soon.
Post a Comment