Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 9 Anniversary!

Anniversary!
Today is our 19th Wedding Anniversary.
We dropped the boys off at Kings Island then headed downtown.

Finally made it to High Street Design Store. I picked up a postcard advertising this store a few years ago and I've driven past it a few times without realizing how you can stop. Parking? Door? But today Hubs just got it done. Any store that greets us with hot tea upon entering makes Hubs suspect and I find it endearing that he walks around saying, "I think we can make that."

Pho Lang Thang- The best coffee I've ever had. Vietnamese drip iced with condensed milk. Also had the Bun- Heo (pork), Ca Phe Sua (hot spring rolls) and a Cha Gio is what the coffee is called. Hubs picked up some Taste of Belgium waffles to take home. I ended up with pieces of one salvaged from the car after the boys took them with them to work. He also picked a small key lime pie out for us and we ate that at the dining tables outside.... yes OUTSIDE. The man ate outside for me on our anniversary.

Dropped back by REI to take a looksie at the the story the boys are having my stand up paddleboard delivered to later this week. And picked up a pair of LIGood pants for the Hubs on clearance- YA BABY. Then by the Anthropologie sale closet! New skinnies, tea shirt- pun intended, and camisole for me.

Listening to...
The Editors
Green Light Morning

Wondering about the Bunbury Festival held here in Cincy.

Thinking we should try out Glen Helen.

Looking at the succulents I picked up at last week's farmers market in Loveland and the beach tag that adorns our front door.

Last night at The Book Loft they had a few shelves organized by the publishers such as Taschen.
I also loved the iced tea, pomegranate and hibiscus macaron and sangria infused cake aka The chocolate bombe from Pistacia Vera. We ate at Katzinger's Deli which was really good. A reuben and a cherry kugel which is like a pasta kinda thing. Then after browsing for books we stopped by a small cafe for some yummy desserts. Picked up a signed copy of Pollan, met David Sedaris- up close and personal, and had a rollicking good time :)

Last Sunday the boys came home and we went to see Fast and Furious 6. Not bad.

Last Friday we went to a reading by Kahed Housani and had dinner at Cafe Martin and had a small kurtster pizza and a smirnoff razz. Delicious. Cafe Martin is part of the Garfield Plaza.

Reading Behind the Kitchen Door. Good behind the scenes information to take into consideration as we all vote for better working conditions while choosing to eat sustainably.

No comments: