I'm at home again, sick day #2, but I feel much better just not ready to go be asked every minute of the day to perform. Since I haven't been able to eat solid food and move around didn't think that would work out too well.
Sunday Bubs asked to go to Bass Pro Shop. He said he had some Christmas shopping to do and they were having their Black Friday sale all through the weekend. After an hour or so, we asked if he was ready to go and he stood still closed his eyes and said, "I just love being in the presence of the Bass Pro." He's 12 and I'm in trouble.
Last week Marina and I were walking and I heard a strange sound. We looked up to see a huge flock of birds fly overhead. What a beautiful sound- that of beating wings.
It's that time of year again... no not just Christmas but the end of another year. I'm starting to compile my favorite books of the year and the ones I missed. Mockingjay is one of my favorites published this year...
Snow on the ground...
Listening to podcasts of Fresh Air, This American Life, Story Corps, and The Splendid Table trying to get my cache under 100 overall. Done!
Burning Smore candle probably for the last day. And the fire.
Reading Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs
Doing catching up on blogs, DVR's (new season of Human Target) and trying to recuperate.
Eating toast and potato soup and goldfish crackers.
Drinking Bigelow Cranberry Apple Herb Tea.
Lynn Rosetto Casper on The Splendid Table interviewed a wine importer— boutique importer Terry Theise—author of Reading Between the Wines. He says, "I'm a person who likes to catalogue information."
Some great billboards seen on vacation that I scrawled down:
Roaches have 18 knees and we take pleasure in breaking every one of them. Pest control
Your wife’s hot. Air Conditioning company
I would like to employ these decorating ideas from adore in the library this season.
I saw this image at Lulu's but no credit given. Is this Emma Watson?
From Natalie Off Duty... I'm really liking these model off duty blogs~
Covet Garden- an online magazine






No comments:
Post a Comment