And on to brighter things! He's currently asleep so I'm decompressing by Christmas shopping online! School is out because of snow and extreme temps and I am thankful I don't have to leave him. He's still pretty unsteady on the crutches on the way to the loo.
Last evening two friends brought dinner. Chicken, noodles, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, homemade preserves and chocolate pie. I was so touched I nearly cried. Really. We are all busy but to take the time to make such an elaborate meal and drive in the snowstorm to deliver was heaven sent.
I ate the cherry preserves on toast this morning and if that is all I eat for breakfast for the rest of my days I will be content. Of course I also made potato pancakes to go with them and they were reminiscent of my grandma making those for me anytime I asked. I love those things.
Yesterday I was talking on the phone by my antique book case and saw this little pretty...
I thought how adorable it would be decorating for Christmas and started thumbing through. Checked her out on line to find she is worth a pretty penny.
Last night we started watching the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol with Alastair then today I watched the black and white 1935 version. Dickens wrote A Christmas Carol in 1843 saying, "
Debbie Orcutt makes the glittery owl and robot and she sells on Etsy.
via Where the Lovely Things Are. She also spotlights this photo site with some cool vintage photos.
another adorable online magazine NEET

No comments:
Post a Comment