Sunday, March 5, 2017

Paducah and Facebook


Found my Lent 



At least basketball games started at 7:30PM .... welcome to fishing 🎣season! Hello 4am!

Coffee shop stop #61 weigh in for the FLW isn't until 3 so relaxing for a bit~

Paducah's kinda awesome. I know I've been here before in college but didn't pay attention. Feeling a little low maintenance here listening to people's coffee orders... just a cup of drip with some space for half and half please... maybe I should try some of these other drink orders- half sweet yerba vanilla latte anyone?
small iced caramel latte with extra shot
caramel latte
iced irish creme
chi latte
Spanish latte- milk espresso steamed milk
earl gray
salted caramel dulce frappe
frozen chi
Rocket Fuel
frozen latte banana
Marley
mint cocoa breve with salt


Another good read about 2 things I am deeply interested and engaged in, lent and politics. Here the way they intersect is insightful... "In recent years, more of my friends have taken something distracting out of their life to add a practice that is more life-giving...this kind of choice balances us, putting us back in touch with slower, more intentional ways of life. We only have so much time in a 24-hour day. Lent offers the opportunity of considering how and on what we spend that precious resource. Politics is about finding new connections between people and working for the common good. If I stop fretting over a single individual, I can be more engaged in creating a community where love of neighbor matters. That is the purpose of Lent: giving up distraction and finding space for what gives life."


A good read, take it easy on your teachers and recognize we want to do more but resources and time are limited. It really, really helps when you work with friends and goofballs and great kids who make the job so much more enjoyable thus relieving the stress. "A significant proportion also take medication because of their job. And the convener of a national mental health helpline has said that the demands of teaching are so exceptional that a counsellor should be stationed in every school. “We just want the best for our pupils and sometimes we feel more could be done for them,” she said. “There just aren’t enough hours in the day or resources that we need.”"


Anyone interested in how classic works relate today..."The themes of Plato and Sophocles remain universal; we continue to ponder questions of power and the unjust suffering of individuals." The article also ties in the National Book Award winner Coates.

If that wasn't worth staying up for I don't know what was?!?!?! #oscars2017
these #oscar commercials are better than Super Bowl commercials... great Google photo, Rolex, NYTimes
thank you #oscarwinner for the public school shoutout!
allrighty, everyone I've asked said they won't watch the Oscars tonight because of politics... come on people! Put it aside and watch with me!

No comments: