Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Necessity

I feel so grateful to work at Blanchester. Today I was driving into work a different route and I drove by so many houses thinking, oh so and so lived there- what a great kid, oh the such and such family lived there- good people, and I realized that I didn't feel the heaviness of dread driving into work that I'm sure many people do. It was a tough year last school year, that's not a great revelation. I was afraid after the break that I would feel my chest tighten when I came back to work. Not so. I found myself accessing my program last year and making plans for this year. I started that inner dialogue of how I can promote the library better, educate our administration about what we do, and create a camaraderie among the students and teachers around literacy. And then I counted my blessings that so far the community, staff, students, and administration have supported this great resource in our community as a necessity and not a luxury.

No comments: