Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sneakercon

Last weekend we traveled to Sneakercon, a sneaker convention catering to the crowd who knows their sneakers.
While we were in line, vendors passed out QR code papers to make an offer on all available shoes- Jordan 11, Kobe 9, Lebron XI.
Bub bought 2 pairs of shoes, one for 25$ and one for 130$.
After a few hours it was so crowded we all felt uncomfortable so we headed downtown, where we paid too much for parking- $30 a day, and ate at Downtown Dogs
We took the boys downtown to the Nike store. Amazing. Yo bought Harbor a KD 7 jacket and I bought him another pair of overpriced socks.

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area and it was lovely.
We headed to Armitage which is our favorite street in Chicago.
Art Effect had a lovely little skirt I purchased. At All She Wrote I found a Kate Spade book thermal travel mug that I'm drinking out of right now. My favorite consignment store in Chicago has been McShane's Exchange for years but this year I found 1 dress and when I was checking out I asked how far their other location was and she said it went out of business. :( very upsetting. But their was another store a few doors down and I bought a sweater there.
The boys ordered bacon by the pint at a sports bar on Armitage.
Gas cost about $100.

This week is OGT testing and I realized kids today can't tell time and don't even grasp how long minutes are.... Not good.

My own son seems unable to fill out an envelope. I was lamenting they are unable to tell time when the subject of filling out an envelope or writing a letter came up. The teacher sheepishly said, did you get your letter??? Ya it was a pitiful envelope from my son.



No comments: