New phrase for me... Lover of the good life. That's nice.
my facebook post today...
Two people I spent a great deal of time with passed away this week; both too young to leave this world. Another had a heart attack and is recuperating at home (love to you Connie Hughes Duncan. Today after coming home from one visitation I packed and cleaned so someone can come stay with my pups while we travel to the other visitation tomorrow and I'm exhausted. It feels good. Therapeutic even to feel a part of this world and able to hug my loved ones tonight as I think of those who can't. It really puts things into perspective and reminds me we are mortal beings. All the complaining that I (and others) do seems so ridiculous and narrow minded. May I continue my life remembering my time is limited and focus on who's important (and what) and slow down. Harbor casts in the morning for his final fishing tourney of the season and I'll not complain once (I promise!) as that alarm goes off at 4am and we sit lakeside waiting for him to come back to us.
It's been a tough one.
Been comforted reading The Uncommon Reader. It's one of those books that mention so many books, authors and such that I do't remember. So here are some links I need to get back to...
Jean Genet
Cecil Beaton
Ivy Compton-Burnett
David Hockney
Nancy Mitford
My Dog Tulip
my facebook post today...
Two people I spent a great deal of time with passed away this week; both too young to leave this world. Another had a heart attack and is recuperating at home (love to you Connie Hughes Duncan. Today after coming home from one visitation I packed and cleaned so someone can come stay with my pups while we travel to the other visitation tomorrow and I'm exhausted. It feels good. Therapeutic even to feel a part of this world and able to hug my loved ones tonight as I think of those who can't. It really puts things into perspective and reminds me we are mortal beings. All the complaining that I (and others) do seems so ridiculous and narrow minded. May I continue my life remembering my time is limited and focus on who's important (and what) and slow down. Harbor casts in the morning for his final fishing tourney of the season and I'll not complain once (I promise!) as that alarm goes off at 4am and we sit lakeside waiting for him to come back to us.
It's been a tough one.
Been comforted reading The Uncommon Reader. It's one of those books that mention so many books, authors and such that I do't remember. So here are some links I need to get back to...
Jean Genet
Cecil Beaton
Ivy Compton-Burnett
David Hockney
Nancy Mitford
My Dog Tulip
No comments:
Post a Comment