Finally saw Avatar. Watched it in the truck on the way to New Years and forgot to blog it. It was good and now I do wish I had seen it on the big screen.
Also saw Midnight in Paris and Marry Me last weekend while scrapping. Midnight was good. Definitely a Woody movie.
Read my first manga, Black Cat, not a fan. My student book club read picked it. They aren't working out so well lately. Losing books, not picking them up, not reading them when they do. I think we'll go on hiatus until they straighten up a bit.
On a more chipper book note I've finished the first 20 chapters of Moby Dick and met 8 fellow readers last night for a wonderful discussion. The restaurant, Padrinos, lost my credit card for about 30 minutes but other than that we had a delightfully, enjoyable evening being the nerds that we are!
Currently reading A Guide to the Birds of East Africa.
Spent the day sleeping in, cooking beef stew in the crock pot, taking down more winter decor and setting up February decor.
I made my first crock pot meal earlier this week via Pinterest. Chicken, black bean, cream cheese, corn, ranch dressing and viola!
Trying to get back on the OOTD posts.
Then Sunday we visited our youngest 'family' member and Hubs did what Hubs does best.
Also saw Midnight in Paris and Marry Me last weekend while scrapping. Midnight was good. Definitely a Woody movie.
Read my first manga, Black Cat, not a fan. My student book club read picked it. They aren't working out so well lately. Losing books, not picking them up, not reading them when they do. I think we'll go on hiatus until they straighten up a bit.
On a more chipper book note I've finished the first 20 chapters of Moby Dick and met 8 fellow readers last night for a wonderful discussion. The restaurant, Padrinos, lost my credit card for about 30 minutes but other than that we had a delightfully, enjoyable evening being the nerds that we are!
Currently reading A Guide to the Birds of East Africa.
Spent the day sleeping in, cooking beef stew in the crock pot, taking down more winter decor and setting up February decor.
I made my first crock pot meal earlier this week via Pinterest. Chicken, black bean, cream cheese, corn, ranch dressing and viola!
Trying to get back on the OOTD posts.
a little Christmas gift
My Frye boot came unglued at work and I had to resort to tennies- at work. I was so awkward the rest of the day I didn't want to leave my desk.
We've still not had a good snow but one Sunday we did have a large ice and fog.
I shared this instagram pic from the lake
a new comforter
listened to the Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band 'Live' Bullet
Last Friday Hubs and I dined at Acapulco's, our favorite Mexican restaurant, with a retired teacher friend of ours and his wife. They then picked up 2 of their dogs and came out for a visit.
yes my Christmas tree was still up. I'm OK with that. It wasn't February yet.Then Sunday we visited our youngest 'family' member and Hubs did what Hubs does best.
A college friend of mine 'adjusted' my instagram photo.

No comments:
Post a Comment