Yesterday was Wednesday which means library day for some of our classes. They come in renew their books, find new ones, I usually do some book talks, and then we all sit down and read for awhile. So, believe it or not, it is usually bustling in the library with kids coming from all different places to do their library business, work on group projects, work on computers, and print but on Wednesdays everyone seems to respect the quiet reading of the large groups. At one point most were reading and it was super quiet and I was walking a student around to find a new book. The thunder rumbled and the rain was pouring and I said, "Isn't this the best weather for reading?" and she replied, "I think all weather is perfect for reading," with a sly smile and tons of sincerity. God bless these adorable kids. Seriously. Best job in the world talking about great reading adventures with fellow literature lovers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment