Big storm came through Friday night...
No electric from 5pm Friday until noon on Saturday. If it weren't for the fridge and freezer I wouldn't be concerned. We finally took our fridge contents to a friend with a generator about 10pm. The freezer was fine for less than 12 hours. The more disturbing is how much I missed the internet/cable. No email or facebook or pinterest or blogging. I do this every morning in the summer. Soooo...
I cleaned out the fridge on Friday before the electric went out and the boys came home with groceries, of course, that's probably what triggered the storm :)
Saturday I cleaned out the food cabinets and spice drawer. Lots of expired food stuffs. Wiped it all down and put back.
I also sorted all my printed photos but I needed the internet to put them in order so I'm doing that today.
The boys and I watched I am Legend and Book of Eli.
At one point we all were outside, checking out the garden, brushing out the dogs... amazing what no cable/internet will do.
Sam has settled in and I'm getting tons done. I stayed home from church this morning because from what I've seen so far this guy will not be left alone outside or in. He is a rescue so I, of course, love him and I'm glad we are able to let this family go on their first family vacation. However, he is a rock head. Doesn't know commands. Doesn't recognize the garden. Or the carpet when his ball rolls under the couch. He is house trained so I can deal with the rest. He lays around 90% of the time. The other 10% he's a little neurotic. So 7 more days of being home on the porch, walking/swimming with the dogs, working on the house, scrapbooking etc. I don't mind being at home really. Just a little inconvienenced for church, the 4th and the wedding Saturday.
No electric from 5pm Friday until noon on Saturday. If it weren't for the fridge and freezer I wouldn't be concerned. We finally took our fridge contents to a friend with a generator about 10pm. The freezer was fine for less than 12 hours. The more disturbing is how much I missed the internet/cable. No email or facebook or pinterest or blogging. I do this every morning in the summer. Soooo...
I cleaned out the fridge on Friday before the electric went out and the boys came home with groceries, of course, that's probably what triggered the storm :)
Saturday I cleaned out the food cabinets and spice drawer. Lots of expired food stuffs. Wiped it all down and put back.
I also sorted all my printed photos but I needed the internet to put them in order so I'm doing that today.
The boys and I watched I am Legend and Book of Eli.
At one point we all were outside, checking out the garden, brushing out the dogs... amazing what no cable/internet will do.
Sam has settled in and I'm getting tons done. I stayed home from church this morning because from what I've seen so far this guy will not be left alone outside or in. He is a rescue so I, of course, love him and I'm glad we are able to let this family go on their first family vacation. However, he is a rock head. Doesn't know commands. Doesn't recognize the garden. Or the carpet when his ball rolls under the couch. He is house trained so I can deal with the rest. He lays around 90% of the time. The other 10% he's a little neurotic. So 7 more days of being home on the porch, walking/swimming with the dogs, working on the house, scrapbooking etc. I don't mind being at home really. Just a little inconvienenced for church, the 4th and the wedding Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment